|"You're Undead to Me"|
|Season 01, Episode 5|
|Premiere date:||October 8, 2009|
|Written by:||Sean Reycraft & Gabrielle Stanton|
|Directed by:||Kevin Bray|
|Previous Episode:||"Family Ties"|
|Next Episode:||"Lost Girls"|
NOTHING HURTS MORE, THAN THE TRUTH — Stefan is hopeful that his plan to get rid of Damon is working. Elena and Jenna are concerned about Jeremy's relationship with Vicki. Stefan decides to reveal parts of his past to Elena. At a fund-raising car wash Bonnie is surprised by abilities she didn't know she possessed, and seeks advice from her grandmother. Meanwhile, Elena hears a disturbing story about the Salvatore family from a stranger.
|Damon has been in the basement for three days; Stefan explains this when Damon asks how long he's been in there. Stefan says that he is taking Damon to their family's crypt and explains that Damon's skin will desiccate in a week and he will become a living corpse, unable to hurt anyone. He explains that Damon won't need his ring anymore..
Elena wakes up and tries to write in her journal, but can't decide what to write. She goes to the bathroom and finds Vicki brushing her teeth. A confused Elena goes downstairs and asks Jenna if she is aware that Vicki is in the house. Jenna seems fine with it. Jenna sees her ex-boyfriend Logan on the news, and she and Elena discuss Stefan's absence, and Elena mocks the message Stefan sent her, mimicking it.
Caroline talks to Tiki via the phone about which outfit to wear, and sees a shadow. She freaks out, and ends her conversation with Tiki. Damon's compulsion has begun to work. Stefan looks at his brother from the cell door, and Damon tells him that the lies will catch up to him, as long as he keeps lying to himself about what he is. At the school, Elena learns the car wash's rules from Caroline, before Caroline "scolds" and "judges" their clothing choices. A man arrives with his car, hoping it will get washed, and Tiki comments that it is a "POS". Bonnie, angered with Tiki's attitude, makes the hose run and Tiki gets wet in the process.
Jenna watches Logan as he reports from the car wash. Elena offers to have Stefan's ring put in her bag, but he declines. Elena informs Caroline that they've run out of towels. Caroline goes to get more towels, but sees a vision of Damon in the hallway. Elena, running the cash table, serves the man who confronted Stefan at the Grill, and he reveals that he stayed at the Salvatore Boarding House and met Stefan in June, 1953, after Stefan's uncle Joseph was killed by an "animal" in the woods. Elena is deeply disturbed by the conversation, and questions Stefan on whether there are other Salvatores in Mystic Falls. He lies and says that everyone has just drifted away, but mentions Zach.
- Antagonist: Damon Salvatore.
- According to Stefan, four days have passed since the events of Family Ties.
- Elena realizes that Stefan is not human in this episode.
- Elena confronts Stefan at the end of this episode by asking him: "What are you?".
- Vampires need to feed fairly often; in less than a fortnight, a vampire under the influence of vervain will become a living mummy.
- Stefan plans to let Damon desiccate, then he plans to place him the Salvatore family crypt for 50 years.
- When enticed or hungered by the smell of blood (or even just angered enough as seen in the pilot episode) vampires' fangs extend, the whites of their eyes darken to a dark, blood-red color, and the veins around the eyes become raised and more apparent.
- Damon still has power over Caroline in his weakened state, even though they were a far distance away from each other. This caused her to see him in the mirror as well as a crow appearing at her windowsill before leading her to the Salvatore house and freeing him. As of Season Five, this ability hasn't been used again.
- Bonnie causes the hose to backfire on Tiki after she insulted someone at the car wash. Grams told her in Fool Me Once that their emotions fuel their powers. Bonnie was angered by Tiki's behavior, triggering her powers. Earlier she was unable to light a candle.
- The stone in the Salvatore rings (as well as all daylight rings/amulets) is lapis lazuli.
- Caroline is no longer wearing scarves around her neck in this episode; this is because Damon had been dosed with vervain and locked up in the cellar, unable to feed on her.
- Damon kills Zach in this episode. After Zach's death, any vampire is able to enter the Salvatore Boarding House without permission.
- This episode marks Vicki's last appearance as a human.
- Logan is related to the reporter Franklin Fell, who reported the 1953 'animal attack' that killed Joseph Salvatore. We learn why Damon killed him on June 11th, 1953 in The Cell, a Season 5 episode.
- Elena sees Stefan in the background of the June 12th, 1953 news footage of Logan Fell's story about Joseph Salvatore's death. This is what leads Elena to figuring out the truth about both Stefan and Damon.
- Logan steals the Gilbert pocketwatch/compass from Jeremy's room this episode.
- The crystal that Damon took from the Lockwood home in "Family Ties" projects a pentagram when light is shined through it. It is revealed by Grams that it belonged to Emily Bennett, their ancestor, and it was her talisman, which is a very powerful tool for witches.
- Logan mentions that there is a Brady in the tech department at the station, but it's unknown if it is the same Brady from Season 2.
- Tyler does not appear in this episode.
- It is also the first episode he doesn't appear in on the series.
- This episode started three days since the end of Family Ties.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- This episode had about 3.52 million viewers in the USA which was 0.01 million less than the previous episode.
- Stefan: "During the Dark Ages when a vampire's actions threatened to expose or bring harm upon the entire race they would face judgment."
- Damon: "You know what will happen if I don't feed on blood."
- Stefan: "You'll grow weaker and weaker and eventually you won't be able to move or speak. In a week your skin will desiccate and you'll mummify, a living corpse. Unable to hurt anyone. Ever."
- Damon: "So what you're just going to keep me in the basement forever."
- Damon: "I'm stronger than you think."
- Stefan: "You always have been. But you're not stronger than the vervain."
- Jeremy: "I'm a drug using delinquent. Girl in bed doesn't really rank. Sorry."
- Elena: "Jenna, are you aware of what's going on upstairs."
- Jenna: "Uh huh."
- Elena: "And you have no objection?"
- Jenna: "He could be craftier about it."
- Jenna: "Have you heard from Stefan?"
- Elena: "Not since he left that very vague message three days ago. (mimics Stefan's voice) Hi, um, Elena, I, um, I have something I have to do, I'll, uh, explain in a few days."
- Stefan (to Zach): "I came here to live a life, it's about time I get back to that. And Elena, if she's still speaking to me."
- Zach (about lying to Elena): "You came back here because you wanted to live as normal a life as you could. You knew this was going to be part of it."
- Caroline: "It's like there's holes in my memory lately, it's just...weird."
- Caroline (about the crystal from "Family Ties"): "All I know is it's mine now."
- Bonnie: "It's ugly."
- Caroline: "The Sexy Suds Car Wash is tomorrow. The football team and the band have committed. Well, not all the band. Just the ones who can pull off a bikini."
- Stefan: "I was dealing with Damon."
- Elena: "And did you? Deal with Damon?"
- Stefan: "Yes."
- Elena: "For four days?"
- Caroline: "Stefan, where's Damon? He's got some serious apologizing to do."
- Stefan: "He's gone, Caroline."
- Caroline: "When's he coming back?"
- Stefan: "He's not coming back."
- Zach: "I'm full of vervain. I've been putting it in my coffee for 16 years."
- Damon: "I don't guess I could talk you into bringing me a rabbit or something? I'd settle for Stefan's diet at this point."
- Damon: "You're like your grandfather. He didn't like it when I came to visit either."
- Zach: "You don't visit, Damon. You appear unannounced."
- Damon: "Someone has to mow the lawn."
- Matt: "Yeah, I'm not going to lie. Your brother and my sister, that's weird."
- Matt (about what Stefan's hiding): "Like what? That he's a serial killer and keeps a clown suit in his trunk?"
- Matt (about Stefan): "He's great at football, he's a bit of a loner and, as much as I hate saying it... he might be a nice guy."
- Elena: "Don't you get it? Every question gets a vague, non-answer."
- Tiki's Grandfather (to Stefan): "I know you."
- Tiki's Grandfather (to Stefan): "You haven't aged a day."
- Logan (to Sheriff Forbes about tracking the vampires): "Well someone who comes out only at night should eventually become obvious."
- Jenna (to Logan): "You have an hour. Make it count."
- Jeremy: "Don't answer a question with another question."
- Stefan: "Jeremy told me that chicken Parmesan is one of your favorites and I happen to be a good cook. Italian roots demand it."
- Stefan: "I figure if you're going to dump me, you should at least know who you're dumping."
- Stefan: "So let's start with Katherine. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever met. She had this perfect olive skin. And she had this laugh; it was ridiculous, her laugh made you laugh. And she was fun, she knew how to have a good time but Katherine was also very impatient and entitled and selfish and impulsive. Enter Damon. He claims that he was with her first. I don't know. I do know I did some things that I'm not proud of and my biggest regret is not being able to make it right before she died. I miss her, but I'm no longer crippled by her loss."
- 1x05-You're Undead to Me (1).jpg
- 1x05-You're Undead to Me (2).jpg
- 1x05-You're Undead to Me (3).jpg
- Normal Vampire Diaries 9 1 2009 140.JPG
- Normal Vampire Diaries 9 1 2009 022.JPG
- Normal Vampire Diaries 9 1 2009 097.JPG
- Normal VD10502.jpg
- Tumblr lcky2vgpC81qdz7llo1 500.png
- Elena and bear.jpg
- Bonnie trying to light candle.jpg
- Normal vlcsnap-10500116.jpg
- Normal vlcsnap-10500119.jpg
- Normal vlcsnap-10500125.jpg
- Normal vlcsnap-10500129.jpg
- Normal vlcsnap-10500133.jpg
- Normal vlcsnap-10500139.jpg
- Normal vlcsnap-10500150.jpg
- Normal vlcsnap-10500152.jpg
- Normal vlcsnap-10500161.jpg
- Normal vlcsnap-10500164.jpg
- Normal vlcsnap-10500168.jpg
- Normal vlcsnap-10500172.jpg
- Normal vlcsnap-10500174.jpg
- 2703595436 1.jpg
- 3998196972 fbca0cb094.jpg
- 4018036679 daea5463d7.jpg
- Nina-dobrev-dot-net tv-vampirediaries-season1ep5-caps-00934.jpg
- Thumb 0032.jpg
- Images 5875.jpg
- Screenshot 274.jpg
- Screenshot 275.jpg
- Screenshot 276.jpg
- Screenshot 277.jpg
- Screenshot 278.jpg
- Screenshot 279.jpg
- Screenshot 280.jpg
- Screenshot 281.jpg
- Screenshot 282.jpg
- Screenshot 283.jpg
- Screenshot 284.jpg
- Screenshot 285.jpg
- Screenshot 286.jpg
- Screenshot 288.jpg
- Screenshot 290.jpg
- Screenshot 292.jpg
- Screenshot 293.jpg
- Screenshot 294.jpg
it:L'Ora Della Verità